This is the first of a series of posters dedicated to capturing the essence of the five Monuments of professional cycling.
The Monuments (Milan-San Remo, Paris-Roubaix, The Tour of Flanders, Liege-Bastogne-Liege and the Tour of Lombardy) are five of the oldest, longest and toughest one-day cycle races in the world. Each has its own unique character, landmarks and legends.
Taking place at the very end of the season, Lombardy is the last great race of the year. It tours the hills that surround Lake Garda, and is famed as one of the most beautiful races anywhere in the world. Memories of finishing sprints bathed in the warm light of the early evening autumn sun, and of lethal descents made treacherous by the fallen leaves of its title.
At its climax the riders race up the mythic Ghisallo climb, whose hairpins take the riders ever-upwards to one of the most revered places in cycling - the Madonna di Ghisallo. The Madonna is a small chapel at the peak of the climb whose interior is a shrine to cycling. While the racers have no time to stop and offer up a prayer, the Madonna is the end of many a cyclist's pilgrimage.
- Giclee print, archival ink on acid-free, gallery-grade art paper
- Each print is meticulously hand-trimmed and finished in our print studio
- Frames are hand-made by us in our print studio, FSA certified solid hard wood (British Ash) with high quality Acrylic Glass
- Frames are carefully prepared, taped, sealed (by us) and provided with saw-tooth hangers
- Framing available for Medium and Large prints only
- For mounted prints, we use a Medium (A3) print then mount it in a Large (A2) frame.
POSTER & FRAME SIZES
- All frames are hand built to order in our studio. Please allow a 3-5 day turnaround
- Once ready, all frames are shipped for next day delivery within a one hour time slot
- Framed prints are dispatched using custom made packaging to ensure safe transit
- Medium Poster A3 - No Mount - 420x297mm (Frame Size 450x327x34mm)
- Medium Poster A3 - Mounted - 420x297mm (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)
- Large Poster A2 - No Mount - 597x420m (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)