It’s not enough to win. Winning can be boring, routine. But to win with style, with daring, with panache - that is what elevates a rider to the greats.
Three of the greatest rides of all time, where riders took the peloton, the race, the elements and the landscape itself and bent it to their will.
The Gavia is one of the Dolomites most feared roads.
In 1988 the Giro d’Italia returned for the first time in nearly thirty years, with the weather worsening and the riders threatening to strike.
One by one, they begged Andy Hampsten not to attack... So he rode solo into the teeth of the blizzard, taking the Maglia Rosa he would keep until Milan and becoming the first US rider to win Italy’s grand tour.
- Giclee print, archival ink on acid-free, gallery-grade art paper
- Each print is meticulously hand-trimmed and finished in our print studio
- Frames are individually handmade by us in our print studio using lovely FSA certified solid hard wood (British Ash) with very high quality Acrylic Glass (hard to tell the difference from real glass)
- Frames are carefully prepared, taped, sealed (by us) and provided with saw-tooth hangers
- Each frame includes a smart label on the reverse showing framed by hand by us in our studio
- Framing available for Medium and Large prints only
- For mounted prints, we use a Medium (A3) print then mount it in a Large (A2) frame.
- All frames are hand built to order in our studio. Please allow a 3-5 day turnaround
- Once ready, all frames are shipped for next day delivery within a one hour time slot
- Framed prints are dispatched using custom made packaging to ensure safe transit
POSTER & FRAME SIZES
- Medium Poster A3 - No Mount - 420x297mm (Frame Size 450x327x34mm)
- Medium Poster A3 - Mounted - 420x297mm (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)
- Large Poster A2 - No Mount - 597x420m (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)