The fourth in a series of posters celebrating the words of wisdom of the cycling greats.
The design is based on the iconic Renault team jersey - with Hinault and Fignon in tandem and under the guidance of Cyrille Guimard, Renault bossed the peloton. Their jersey remains a classic. Bernard Hinault also known as Le Blaireau, or "The Badger" (as he never took a backward step, when cornered - he attacked).
Hinault is one of the select band of greats to have won the Tour de France five times, but he was much more than a tour man. Along with Sean Kelly, he was the last bastion of the great riders who competed and won through the year - one day classics, grand tours, world championships - he won them all. He remains one of the great icons of French and world cycling, a hard man who gave no quarter and won through sheer determination matched by incredible talent.
- Giclee print, archival ink on acid-free, gallery-grade art paper
- Each print is meticulously hand-trimmed and finished in our print studio
- Frames are individually handmade by us in our print studio using lovely FSA certified solid hard wood (British Ash) with very high quality Acrylic Glass (hard to tell the difference from real glass)
- Frames are carefully prepared, taped, sealed (by us) and provided with saw-tooth hangers
- Each frame includes a smart label on the reverse showing framed by hand by us in our studio
- Framing available for Medium and Large prints only
- For mounted prints, we use a Medium (A3) print then mount it in a Large (A2) frame.
- All frames are hand built to order in our studio. Please allow a 3-5 day turnaround
- Framed prints are dispatched using custom made packaging to ensure safe transit
- Once ready, all frames are shipped for next day delivery within a one hour time slot
POSTER & FRAME SIZES
- Medium Poster A3 - No Mount - 420x297mm (Frame Size 450x327x34mm)
- Medium Poster A3 - Mounted - 420x297mm (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)
- Large Poster A2 - No Mount - 597x420m (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)