1996: Boardman Following an astonishing three year period in which The Hour Record was broken seven times by four different riders, the Chris Boardman - Graeme Obree rivalry reached its zenith. Boardman shattered the record using the latest innovative ‘superman’ riding position created by Obree and riding a Lotus carbon-fibre superbike, setting a mark of over 56 kilometres that stands to this day as the ultimate hour.
The UCI was scandalised and banned both the new position and the new record, vowing that never again would technology dominate the record to such an extent. New rules were created, and all future attempts would be limited to the type of equipment used by Merckx in 1972. Not to be outdone, Boardman returned to break the ‘Athlete’s Hour’ in 2000, in one of the most astonishing rides of the modern era.
- Giclee print, archival ink on acid-free, gallery-grade art paper
- Each print is meticulously hand-trimmed and finished in our print studio
- Frames are individually handmade by us in our print studio using lovely FSA certified solid hard wood (British Ash) with very high quality Acrylic Glass (hard to tell the difference from real glass)
- Frames are carefully prepared, taped, sealed (by us) and provided with saw-tooth hangers
- Each frame includes a smart label on the reverse showing framed by hand by us in our studio
- Framing available for Medium and Large prints only
- For mounted prints, we use a Medium (A3) print then mount it in a Large (A2) frame.
- All frames are hand built to order in our studio. Please allow a 3-5 day turnaround
- Once ready, all frames are shipped for next day delivery within a one hour time slot
- Framed prints are dispatched using custom made packaging to ensure safe transit
POSTER & FRAME SIZES
- Medium Poster A3 - No Mount - 420x297mm (Frame Size 450x327x34mm)
- Medium Poster A3 - Mounted - 420x297mm (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)
- Large Poster A2 - No Mount - 597x420m (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)