The Golden Era
Each picture represents a different year, each year tells a different story and there are truly some extraordinary gems hidden within the Miscellany. To read each story view our interactive guide to the Miscellany in The Handmade Cyclist section Grupetto.
Colour television took the Tour and its stars to a global audience. The world marvelled at the exploits of the greats as first Anquetil then Merckx and Hinault made the Tour their personal plaything with five victories apiece. And after the Tour came to the world, so the world came to the Tour.
Lemond, Kelly, Roche, Millar: a new language in the peloton, new heroes on the road, and the world fell for the charms of the Tour.
- Giclee print, archival ink on acid-free, gallery-grade art paper
- Each print is meticulously hand-trimmed and finished in our print studio
- Frames are individually handmade by us in our print studio using lovely FSA certified solid hard wood (British Ash) with very high quality Acrylic Glass (hard to tell the difference from real glass)
- Frames are carefully prepared, taped, sealed (by us) and provided with saw-tooth hangers
- Framed prints are dispatched using custom made packaging to ensure safe transit
- Each frame includes a smart label on the reverse showing framed by hand by us in our studio
- Framing available for Medium and Large prints onl
- No mount option available for this print
- All frames are hand built to order in our studio. Please allow a 3-5 day turnaround
- Once ready, all frames are shipped for next day delivery within a one hour time slot
POSTER & FRAME SIZES
- Large Poster A2 - No Mount - 597x420m (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)