Vive Le Tour traces the history of the Tour de France, joining the dots from the Yorkshire Grand Depart back through 101 editions of the world’s greatest race to the pioneering early editions.
Specially commissioned for the cover of Soigneur magazine, the artwork features landmarks from the 2014 editions alongside some of the sights and legends that have made the Tour.
Details include the rainy Yorkshire Dales, the Caisse Desert atop the Col d’Izoard, the Arc du Triomphe, and a bear lurking among the mists of the Pyrénées to catch the fearful pioneers of the earliest editions of the race.
Along the route it commemorates the 100th anniversary of World War 1, watched over by pilot Marie Marvingt (the first in a long line of female riders to protest at the lack of a women’s Tour) as the road winds through the sunflowers and lavender fields of la belle France.
- Giclee print, archival ink on acid-free, gallery-grade art paper
- Each print is meticulously hand-trimmed and finished in our print studio
- Frames are individually handmade by us in our print studio using lovely FSA certified solid hard wood (British Ash) with very high quality Acrylic Glass (hard to tell the difference from real glass)
- Frames are carefully prepared, taped, sealed (by us) and provided with saw-tooth hangers
- Each frame includes a smart label on the reverse showing framed by hand by us in our studio
- Framing available for Medium and Large prints only
- Mount available for Medium prints only
- All frames are hand built to order in our studio. Please allow a 3-5 day turnaround
- Framed prints are dispatched using custom made packaging to ensure safe transit
- Once ready, all frames are shipped for next day delivery within a one hour time slot
POSTER & FRAME SIZES
- LIMTED EDITION Large Poster A2 - No Mount - 597x420m (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)