It’s not enough to win. Winning can be boring, routine. But to win with style, with daring, with panache - that is what elevates a rider to the greats.
Three of the greatest rides of all time, where riders took the peloton, the race, the elements and the landscape itself and bent it to their will.
Was this the greatest Classics victory of all time?
Within 70 kilometres of the 1980 Liège-Bastogne-Liège monument over half the field had abandoned. Bernard Hinault himself was going to quit, before his famed pride prevented him from doing so.
Attacking over the Haute-Levee (‘to keep warm’, he said after the race), Hinault rode the final 80km of the race alone, riding into Liège an astonishing nine minutes clear of the chasing pack.
This was the day Bernard Hinault truly became le Patron.
- Giclee print, archival ink on acid-free, gallery-grade art paper
- Each print is meticulously hand-trimmed and finished in our print studio
- Frames are individually handmade by us in our print studio using lovely FSA certified solid hard wood (British Ash) with very high quality Acrylic Glass (hard to tell the difference from real glass)
- Frames are carefully prepared, taped, sealed (by us) and provided with saw-tooth hangers
- Each frame includes a smart label on the reverse showing framed by hand by us in our studio
- Framing available for Medium and Large prints only
- For mounted prints, we use a Medium (A3) print then mount it in a Large (A2) frame.
- All frames are hand built to order in our studio. Please allow a 3-5 day turnaround
- Once ready, all frames are shipped for next day delivery within a one hour time slot
- Framed prints are dispatched using custom made packaging to ensure safe transit
POSTER & FRAME SIZES
- Medium Poster A3 - No Mount - 420x297mm (Frame Size 450x327x34mm)
- Medium Poster A3 - Mounted - 420x297mm (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)
- Large Poster A2 - No Mount - 597x420m (Frame Size 627x450x34mm)
- A2 (59.4cm x 41.9cm) £40
- A1 (84.1cm x 59.4cm) £55